Sparrow 1.7oz MTN XL Hybrid (Wide as Possible, Bug Net Only, UQ Hooks and Pull Outs, Whoopie Slings)
1. Luxurious and spacious
2. 1.7 MTN fabric is comfortable and has enough grip to it that is not overpowering but will not let you slide down like other hammocks
3. Bug net will not let bugs in and does not bunch up when you lay in the hammock
4. Ridgeline is made short but increases comfortability
5. Even when the ridgeline is strung up tight, it gives incredible sleep comfort
6. Plenty of pull outs that are well sewn into the hammock
7. Pull out hooks are big enough for larger shock cords but not bulky to add a lot of weight
8. Whoopie slings are of great quality
9. Peak shelf is large and can fit a top quilt, phone, and a 1L water bottle with ease
10. I have experienced no calf ridge in any position I have laid in
11. The team at dream hammock are masters of their trade. Perfect sewing.
12. Price is low considering what you get
13. Not to do with the hammock but the customer service was quick and helpful even when their personal lives became chaotic.
1. None in relation to the hammock. The hammock is near perfect and if I ever wear my hammock out and buy a new one, the only thing I would change is the recommended parts below. You can not go wrong buying this hammock!
What I Know Now but Wish I Knew Before Purchase:
1. When you order and you get the “wide as possible” option please understand that you will have to use the pull outs. If you do not and you bend your legs “sleeping sideways” you will have fabric sag. With the sag it does get annoying. However, getting the wide as possible 74” version is highly recommended. It gives you plenty of option for comfort and is worth the extra weight.
2. If you get pull outs or UQ hooks I’d recommend paying the extra money to have matching thread. When the pull outs or UQ hooks are sewn in, the color does go through SLIGHTLY and you can see the color from the inside of the hammock.
3. When deciding what you need for storage I would suggest you get two types of storage. Although the peak shelf is large it would be nice to have a second storage option like the storage pockets. Mostly for organization and keeping items close by when you sleep like your phone or light.
4. When you buy the zipper pulls be prepared to get semi-aggravated. Although the zipper pulls look amazing and add character, I’d recommend removing the outside pulls form the zipper. When I zip the bug net closed the outside pulls want to come inside and block the zipper from closing all the way. Although there is a small flap of fabric that helps with keeping bugs out, some may be skeptical.
1. Please understand that the above is my review and personal preferences. Although something might work with me or against me, does not mean that it will be the same for you. So please do you and buy what you believe will work best for you.
2. Understand that the above list I have made for changes I would make, is only nitpicking and are in no way true cons. My only reasoning for writing them is to hopefully help others with picking what they want from this hammock.
3. When I have started writing this review, I am assuming that most people reading this has been hammocking for some time and are familiar with other cottage brands. As a person with a few different brands such as Warbonnet, I can testify that this is THE most comfortable hammock I own and do not see myself changing my hammock out any time soon.
4. I have been using this hammock for a little over a week and have about 20 hours of lay time in it. I do plan to update this review in a year and let you know my true feelings about this hammock after extended use.
Fabric texture 8.75/10